[birt-dev] Using BIRT and Word-export

Hi,

I'm trying to create some reports that I'd like to export to MS Word. Unfortunately I'm facing some problems with this:

1) Is there a way to open the Reports in Word 2000 (They are stored as word-2003-xml). The Office 2007 converter cannot open this special wordml format, as it is different from the new office open xml 2007.

2) I'd like to have a table of contents in word. I cannot integrate such one within BIRT can I? But the generated Word document doesn't use the word format templates to mark headlines (which I declare using <H2>...) as word-headlines, so the automatic table-of-content-generation doesn't work. How can I achieve BIRT to use these format templates in word? Or is there another way to generate a table of contents in word? Doing it manually by using Bookmark and Hyperlink-features isn't a real option.

3) Is there a way to enumerate my headlines according to their level?

I'm quite new to BIRT, but I couldn't find a solution to my problems searching the mailing-list-archive or the web unfortunately.

Any help would be highly appreciated,

-Johannnes

Back to the top