From: birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-pmc-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Eric Deshayes
Sent: Friday, November 16, 2007 12:05 PM
To: birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [birt-pmc] parallel data retrieval

Hi all,
I am not sure this is the best mailing list for such a question.. Let me
know if there is a better mailing list. At the moment, the data engine
makes all the data retrieval sequentially. So, if we are accessing two
independant datasources that respond independantly in the same amount of
time, we need to wait for both to return some data one after each other.
Wouldn't that be a good improvement to do the request in parallel, in
two different thread so the time of the data retrieval will be the time
of the longest datasource retrieval? I have no idea how feasible it is
in the current BIRT data engine design. Thanks for your
birt-pmc mailing list
birt-pmc@xxxxxxxxxxx https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/birt-pmc

Back to the top