[birt-dev] Assistance With Scripting

Title: Assistance With Scripting

I need detailed documentation and examples for developing Cross tabulation reports allowing users to re-sort the displayed report based on the data column they select (eg. Sales ascending, click again and get sales descending, etc.).  Display will be HTML.

I do not want the user to see any dialog boxes, just click the column header to switch back and forth (ascending/descending).  I believe I can do this with parameter binding and subreports, but I do not know how to configure it.

Do I need an event handler?  If so, I need guidance, hence the request for documentation and/or examples.

I am proposing replacing some iSeries "green screens" with Birt reports deployed on a web server, but I must have this sorting feature if I am  to get management to buy into this concept.

Your advice and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Skip Strickland, Analyst
Information Access Group
Costco WHOLESALE
(425) 313-2521