[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, June 25, 2007

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, June 25, 2007

Meeting

BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, June 25, 2007

Attendees

Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions (www.innoventsolutions.com)
Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation (www.ibm.com)
Larry Liang - BIRT PMC - InetSoft Technology Corporation (www.inetsoft.com)

Minutes

Meeting Logistics

There will be no PMC meeting for the next two weeks on July 2 and July 9 due to vacation schedules.

BIRT 2.1.3 Development

No status change. Release timeframe for this release is July due to workload from BIRT 2.2 development.

General Information

BIRT 2.1.3 is the third maintenance release in the BIRT 2.1 release series and is intended to be narrow in scope since the development team is concentrating on BIRT 2.2. The 2.1.3 release is focused on addressing critical bugs identified by the community.

The Development Plan for BIRT 2.1.3 is available on the Eclipse BIRT pages (http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/project_plan_R2_1_3.php).

For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=BIRT&target_milestone=2.1.3

BIRT 2.2 Development

BIRT 2.2 RC4 was made available last week. We are now in the final week before BIRT 2.2 is released.

General Information

The next major release of BIRT is BIRT 2.2, scheduled for June 2007 as part of the Europa Simultaneous Release (http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Simultaneous_Release).

The Development Plan for BIRT 2.2 is available on the Eclipse BIRT pages (http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/project_plan_R2_2_0.php). A number of BIRT Project Specifications (BPS) relating to BIRT 2.2 have been posted on the BIRT Wiki.

For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=BIRT&target_milestone=2.2.0

BIRT 2.2: Excel Emitter

Following up on an issue from last week, outstanding critical Excel Emitter bugs have now been resolved and the "Prototype" label has been removed from this feature in the UI.

BIRT 2.2.1 Planning

We plan to follow the maintenance schedule for the Europa releases and will provide a BIRT 2.2.1 release to address bugs and feedback from the community on BIRT 2.2. The exact timeframe is to be determined and dependant on the Europa maintenance schedule -- based on previous years we are expecting this will be in the end of Sept timeframe.

We are working on a Development Plan for this release and will email this for PMC review in the coming week or so.

BIRT 2.3 Planning

Focus for now will be on the BIRT 2.2 release and the BIRT 2.2.1 maintenance release. We will turn our attention to the BIRT 2.3 plan in the late July / August timeframe.

BIRT Events

The following upcoming events will include talks on BIRT and/or Actuate sponsored BIRT booths:

Jazoon 07 on June 24-28, 2007 - Zurich, Switzerland - http://jazoon.com/ - The Eclipse BIRT Framework
Actuate International User Conference on August 13-15, 2007 -- Las Vegas, NV -- https://www1.event-projects.com/evo/AIUC2007/

EclipseWorld on November 6-8, 2007 - Reston, VA - www.eclipseworld.net - Introduction to BIRT 2.2;  BIRT 2.2 Integrating and Extending

BIRT Articles

The following articles have recently been published on BIRT:

Eclipse Developer's Journal April 2007 - How to Develop an Application Using the Eclipse BIRT Design Engine API by Jason Weathersby; Tom Bondur; Jane Tatchell - http://eclipse.sys-con.com/read/367994.htm

Eclipse Magazine - April 2007 - ODA Extensions and BIRT - Part II by Scott Rosenbaum and Jason Weathersby - http://www.eclipsemag.net/

Eclipse Magazine - March 2007 - A Primer On ODA Extensions and BIRT by Scott Rosenbaum - http://www.eclipsemag.net/
Eclipse Developer's Journal - February 2007 - Developing an Application Using the Eclipse BIRT Report Engine API by Jason Weathersby; Tom Bondur; Jane Tatchell - http://eclipse.sys-con.com/read/336872.htm

Full list of articles can be found on the BIRT Project Wiki at http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Articles(BIRT)

Back to the top