[birt-dev] Problems with the servletviewer

Title: Message
I can't access the news groups so I posted these on the web based newcomers newsportal. Since I haven't received any replies, I am assuming that's not the right place to ask these questions, so I am going to try here. There are 2 somewhat related questions, the second having to do with me trying to find the answer to the first. I hope to get an answer to both, so I can resolve the issue with using the web viewer.

1.
I am attempting to add birt capabilities to an existing project. I have created a report using the stand alone reporting tool and tested it. Due to the nature of the current project, I can't use the viewer outside of the project. I have been trying to put the WebViewerExample into the existing project, but I don't and can't have a webcontent top level folder (the birt folder is under a different, existing folder). I keep getting the following error:

java.io.FileNotFoundException: /webcontent/birt/pages/common/Error.jsp
at com.caucho.jsp.PageManager.getPage(PageManager.java:237)
at com.caucho.jsp.PageManager.getPage(PageManager.java:152)
at com.caucho.jsp.QServlet.getSubPage(QServlet.java:301)
at com.caucho.jsp.QServlet.getPage(QServlet.java:215)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.compilePage(PageFilterChain.java:176)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.PageFilterChain.doFilter(PageFilterChain.java:122)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.DispatchFilterChain.doFilter(DispatchFilterChain.java:115)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter(CacheFilterChain.java:210)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:208)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:466)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.RequestDispatcherImpl.include(RequestDispatcherImpl.java:336)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.ViewerServlet.__handleNonSoapException(Unknown Source)
at org.eclipse.birt.report.servlet.BirtSoapMessageDispatcherServlet.doGet(Unknown Source)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:113)
at org.apache.axis.transport.http.AxisServletBase.service(AxisServletBase.java:327)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:90)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletFilterChain.doFilter(ServletFilterChain.java:99)
at com.caucho.server.cache.CacheFilterChain.doFilter(CacheFilterChain.java:210)
at com.caucho.server.webapp.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:163)
at com.caucho.server.dispatch.ServletInvocation.service(ServletInvocation.java:208)
at com.caucho.server.http.HttpRequest.handleRequest(HttpRequest.java:259)
at com.caucho.server.port.TcpConnection.run(TcpConnection.java:332)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.runTasks(ThreadPool.java:457)
at com.caucho.util.ThreadPool.run(ThreadPool.java:398)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I have searched the files to try to determine where it's getting this path without success. If anyone can point me in the right direction it would be appreciated. I am hoping that finding and fixing this error will help me to find and fix the error that is causing the system to try to display an error page in the first place.

Also, is there any documentation that will explain what the context-params in the web.xml file are for?

and 2.
So, I have this problem and need to look at the source code for a jar file that doesn't have it's source included in the SDK source download (which I assume is because including ALL of the source code would make the file too big). I am following the instructions from http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/build/buildInstructions.php. I am behind the firewall from hell. Getting a port opened is like establishing world peace. So I finally get approval for port 2401 to dev.eclipse.org, but I still can't connect. The error message is Connection refused: connect

I am trying to connect to :pserver:anonymous@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/cvsroot/birt:

Any help would be appreciated.

Edward W. Rouse

ComSquared Systems, Inc.