[birt-dev] CheckIN:Fix tracker bug 89223 iPortal IV issue with grouping/sorting a second column(Header+2.1.2)

-          Summary:

CheckIN:Fix tracker bug 89223 iPortal IV issue with grouping/sorting a second column(Header+2.1.2)

- Bugzilla Bug (s) Resolved:
Tracker bug 89223 iPortal IV issue with grouping/sorting a second column

In original DtE implementation, the result set is saved as following structure row number + data read from each row. If a row is not read then it will not be saved.

Then when fetch the result set, we will fetch row number times of result set from saved data. If the previous save result set has not been iterated during saving time, then an IO exception is thrown.

To fix the problem we have two solutions:

1.       Change the saving structure to data read from each row + actually visited row number. This is the best solution, however is risky to implement, and to do so we need to deal with backward compatibility issue.

2.       Always save the whole result set to disk, the rows that are never read will be save as an int “0” value(as position holder) so that in future the ResultSet can be successfully populated from saved data. This approach is very safe and easy to implement.

Take into consideration that we’re in critical stage of SP1, I take approach 2 as solution to the bug. Meanwhile tags are inserted into source code as reminder of future enhancement.

- Tests Description:
No.

- Files Edited:
"/org.eclipse.birt.data/src/org/eclipse/birt/data/engine/impl/ResultIterator.java"

- Files Added:

- Notes to Build Team:
N/A

- Notes to Developers: