[birt-dev] Updated: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, October 23, 2006

Title: Updated: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, October 23, 2006

(Resend with two typos fixed - BIRT 2.1.2 is Feb 2007, and BIRT 2.2 is Jun 2007. Both had incorrectly stated 2008.)

Meeting

BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, October 23, 2006

Attendees

Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Mike Fox - BIRT PMC - IBM Corporation (www.ibm.com)
Larry Liang - BIRT PMC - InetSoft Technology Corporation (www.inetsoft.com)

Minutes

Meeting Logistics

There will be no PMC meeting next week, October 30, 2006.

BIRT 2.1.2 Planning

No change on status this week…

BIRT 2.1.2 is the second maintenance release in the BIRT 2.1 release series. This is a maintenance release to address critical bugs identified by the community. BIRT 2.1.1 is part of the Callisto coordinated maintenance release plan (see http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Callisto_Coordinated_Maintenance).

Tentative target date for the coordinated release is Feb 2007. From a BIRT project perspective, we aim to complete development by end of December. This will allow the development team to focus on BIRT 2.2 development.

For a list of bugs assigned to the release, refer to Bugzilla: https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/buglist.cgi?classification=BIRT&target_milestone=2.1.2

BIRT 2.2 Planning

The next major release of BIRT is BIRT 2.2, scheduled for June 2007 as part of the Europa Simultaneous Release (http://wiki.eclipse.org/index.php/Europa_Simultaneous_Release). The Europa cross-project team have updated their Milestone schedule with more details. This includes the BIRT milestones.

The draft BIRT 2.2 Development Plan has been published for review: http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/project_plan_R2_2_0.php

BIRT 2.2 M1 was released last week and Jason created the New and Notable document: http://www.eclipse.org/birt/phoenix/project/notable2.2M1.php

As previously indicated, not all projects in BIRT 2.2 are committed/staffed yet. We are in the process of research to determine project scope and feasibility for the release.

BIRT Download Experience

Paul and Jason have taken the action item to review the BIRT project pages from the perspective of a new user downloading BIRT to see what we can improve. We will come up with a proposal for discussion with the rest of the PMC on November 6.

Back to the top