[birt-dev] birt-viewer problem HELP

Hi everyone,

I’m pretty new to BIRT, and I cannot find a decent example, tutorial on the web, I’m not sure if this is the correct list to be mailing, but anyway here goes…

I have a very simple report, Its data source is a oracle DB. If I run the report in eclipse with the preview “view” in the designer it works like  charm… but when running it from the birt-viewer… It gives me an error…

>>The design file C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.0\webapps\birt-viewer\report/oracleReport.rptdesign has error and can not be run.

Now I have seen on the BIRT home that I need to ass the db drivers to the “birt-viewer\plugins\org.eclipse.birt.report.data.oda.jdbc\drivers” folder and I did… but this made no difference.

What am I doing wrong??

Is there something else I should do???

Or have I just completely lost the plot???

Thanks so much

Regards,

Gerhard Goosen

Blue Sphere Technologies (PTY) LTD