[birt-dev] [132776] CheckIn: Fix bugzilla bug 132776 Performance: runing RunAndRender Task with the attached report have regression

- Bugzilla Bug (s) Resolved:
[132776] Performance: runing RunAndRender Task with the attached report have regression

The bug is introduced during our adoption of ibm ICU to BIRT project. In class DataTypeUtil we use method com.ibm.icu.text.DateFormat.getDateInstance() and com.ibm.icu.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(). These two method, however, is 10 times slower than their counterpart in java standard library, that is, java.text.DateFormat.getDateInstance() and java.text.DateFormat.getDateTimeInstance(). This is the source of this bug.

We change the algorithm in class DataTypeUtil so that reduce the use of these two method in ICU.The bug is fixed.

- Tests Description:
No

- Files Edited:
"/org.eclipse.birt.core/src/org/eclipse/birt/core/data/DataTypeUtil.java"

- Files Added:

No

- Notes to Build Team:
N/A