From: birt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Anshuman Das
Sent: Monday, December 19, 2005 12:41 AM
To: 'birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [birt-dev] How to embed a BIRT report in an existing HTML page

Hi

I am trying to use BIRT reporting framework in a custom made JSP page,
and would like to only embed the contained Table in a HTML page, without
using IFrames.
Could anyone suggest how this can be done.
The intention here is to integrate a AJAX (RICO LiveGrid) based UI with
BIRT as the reporting engine, which accesses the DB and does mappings,
highlightings etc.
I think the emitter API could be useful, but am finding it difficult to
understand how to connect my emmitter with the engine.

Please help.

Thanks

Anshuman Das