[birt-dev] M2 build feature list

Title: M2 build feature list

Hi, fellow committers,

As you know we are making and testing the final build for M2. We are preparing the what is new doc for M2 build,  following is a draft list of features.   Please check them out and respond if you think certain feature is not usable at all.  Please note that in a milestone build we are not expecting bug free, but the community does expect that the feature is usable so that users can give feedback.

Also, if there is feature missing from the list, please respond to the mailing list...

Designer and Model features:
BIRT Style and CSS Style Sheet (BPS 11)
Dynamic Pick List (BPS 14)
_expression_ Builder (BPS 20)
Report design XML  source editor

Chart features:
Chart Components (BPS 17)

Engine Features :
Support BLOB/CLOB (BPS3)
Dynamic Parameter Selection List (BPS14)
Support for BPS35
BIRT _javascript_ Support (BPS4 and BPS 12)

Data Engine features:
Support Data Set Output Parameters (BPS 25)
Support Clob and Blob (BPS 3)
Multi-pass Aggregate, Sorting and Filtering Support (BPS 2) with limitations that will be addressed in next milestone: a) Nested aggregation is not supported, such as Total.sum(Total.avg()); b) TopN/BottomN/Any is not supported; c) Filtering and Sorting in group is not supported.

Support Cascading parameters (BPS 14)

Data Access features:
Support of BLOB/CLOB in ODA (BPS 3)
Allow Application to Pass JDBC Connection into BIRT Engine (BPS 35)
Pass-through of External Objects to Custom Data Sources (BPS 35)

Wenfeng Li
BIRT PMC
Actuate Corporation

Back to the top