[birt-dev] Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, September 26, 2005

Title: Eclipse BIRT PMC Meeting Minutes - Monday, September 26, 2005

Meeting
BIRT PMC, 10am Pacific, Monday, September 26, 2005
Attendees
Wenfeng Li - BIRT PMC Lead - Actuate Corporation (www.actuate.com)
Paul Clenahan - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Scott Rosenbaum - BIRT PMC - Innovent Solutions (
www.innoventsolutions.com)
Jason Weathersby - BIRT PMC - Actuate Corporation (
www.actuate.com)
Minutes
BIRT 2.0 Development Plan
The BIRT 2.0 Development Plan is now posted within the Project Pages on the BIRT web site: http://www.eclipse.org/birt/index.php?page=project/project_plan_R2_0_0_Draft.html

BIRT 2.0 Development
Development of BIRT 2.0 is proceeding. See the development plan for details of features planned, and bugzilla for detailed schedule.

BIRT Project June 2006 Release Designation
The BIRT Project will be releasing simultaneously with the Eclipse Platform and other projects in June 2006. While we have not yet planned what will be in this release (since we are still in the middle of BIRT 2.0 right now), we are tentatively planning to designate the June 2006 release as BIRT 2.1.

Eclipse Membership Meeting Update
A couple of items related to BIRT:

  • There was good feedback on BIRT website. In particular, the demos are good.
  • We encourage the BIRT development team to use the BIRT Dev mailing list more.

Details of the membership meeting are available online from the EMO.
Platform RCP Example Includes Usage of BIRT
The Platform RCP team are creating an example of an RCP application for their session at the JAOO Conference. As part of the application, they are including BIRT technology. Jason W has been helping the team with this. This is good additional exposure for BIRT and will help the community understand how to integrate and use BIRT technology.

After the conference, the RCP team plan on including the example on their web pages at Eclipse.org.
Updating Examples on www.eclipse.org/birt
Jason is working on overhauling the BIRT examples on the web site. The plan is to restructure this area into different categories of examples, and to provide a much richer set of examples. For each example, we will be including a description of the example, before and after report designs, and a recorded demo of the steps to build the example.

Recorded Demo of BIRT Features and Functions
Jason is working on a recorded demo of BIRT Features and Functions for Mike M. Once this has been developed, we will also post it on the BIRT web pages.

Back to the top