Re: [birt-dev] RE: HTML Imagemap development for charts

I would be interested in what is happening with image map support as well.
There is an RFE 109316  which describes what were looking for.

In general we would like to be able to create image maps from data sets.
This would require that there be the following

1) image(s),  which could possibly be fetched as a data set of BLOBs, or file locations.
2) polygons,  the regions in the image that would be clickable
3) A set of URI,  where to go if a click happens in a given polygon on the image
4) mouse feedback on mouse over of hotspot in image
5) hotspot  hi-light on mouse over. This one is a "nice to have" feature but not necessary if we have 4 above.

If we look at the W3 HTML Image map spec, this is what we're want to achieve in our reports, only dynamically using data sources and data sets.

- Mike Boyersmith
  IBM Rational

Ady Das-OToole <adasotoole@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

09/29/2005 10:20 AM

Please respond to
For developers on the BIRT project

Dev - BIRT project <birt-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[birt-dev] RE: HTML Imagemap development for charts

Hi all - this is a quick email to say hello to all of you on this forum
and an update on some recent development work that I've been involved in
related to BIRT charts specifically Imagemaps.

We started by having a basic requirment to enable interactivity at the
HTML level so we resorted to extending the IImageItemContent interface
to achieve this. Needless to say there is a lot more work required to
truly be able to say it's a 100% complete, but I thought I might bring
this to you and any input will be valuable.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks
Ady

--