RE: [birt-dev] BIRT Daily Build Status Report(20050907)

Hi All,

Sorry for not answer this issue in time.

As you see, our daily build status report is composed of two sections, one is daily build status report, and the other is Bugzilla Status.

Daily build status report section:

We should make BIRT daily build on Windows and Linux platforms. There are five modules in BIRT: Model, Engine, Designer, Data and Chart. They are built following these steps: Checkout, Compilation and Smoke test.

Checkout,

If checkout all source codes from Eclipse CVS success, then the status is set as Pass, otherwise Fail.

Compilation,

When one module compiles success, its compilation status is set as Pass. If it fails on itself, the status is set as Fail. If it fails on other plug-ins, the status is set as FailOnDependency.

Smoke test,

Smoke testing is non-exhaustive software testing, ascertaining that the most crucial functions of a program work, but not bothering with finer details. The status of Smoke test is only Pass or Fail.

Daily build,

It is a summary. If any fail in prior steps, daily build Fail.

SCR Stutus is changed to Bugzilla Status now.

Bugzilla Status section:

Show the SCRs in Bugzilla concerning daily build.  It gives the information about SCR type, Bugzilla ID, SCR owner, its severity and brief description.

You can find more details about given SCR on https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/query.cgi?product=BIRT  by  Bugzilla ID.

Thanks,

Sue Lee

Actuate Corporation - Shanghai R&D Center

Phone: (86)21-50270900 Ext. 232