[birt-charting-dev] Embedding a LineChart on an existing project

Hi all…
I’m trying to embed a BIRT - linechart on an existing editor. The original editor has two pages. I added a third page for the chart. When I try to display the graph, the line:
deviceRenderer = PluginSettings.instance().getDevice("dv.SWT");

throws a :
!MESSAGE org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.swt.SwtRendererImpl
!STACK 0
java.lang.ClassCastException: org.eclipse.birt.chart.device.swt.SwtRendererImpl

I was able to take the same code in a new “Editor” project and it works!

The class that calls the code above has the following siginature:
public class LineChartPaintListener implements PaintListener {

The page class has this signature:
public class SLProfChartTab extends AbstractLaunchConfigurationTab {
//this class calls the LineChartPaintListener class

Can some please helps? Any suggestions is greatly appreciated

Back to the top