Re: [birt-charting-dev] Chart Interactivity Spec update

Hi All,

I created the following bugzilla enhancement entries so that we can better manage and track these features.

107823        Stock Chart can not get data in table or list
108235        Wrong displayment of chinese character in chart layout
108965        Highlighting data  - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108968        Show Tooltip - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108974        URL Redirection  - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108975        Visibility Toggle -  Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108977        Drilldown/up support - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108979        SVG Auto detection - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108982        Zoom - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108985        Toolbar - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
108986        Legend Interactivity - Chart Interactivity BPS 37
101655        Provide the ability to write custom event handlers on chart components.
104842        Live updating of charts - Chart Interactivity BPS 37

I want to understand some of the technical details behind the toolbar.  Is the toolbar generated as part of the out put of the chart engine or the report engine?  It seems that it should be part of the report engine.

Just wondering what would happen if I have 2 charts in a report with different refresh rates.   I assume with the use of AJAX only the chart areas get refreshed at different time intervals.  That is, the whole report does not get refreshed. If this is the case is there going to be a servlet on the server side that servies the generation of the charts?

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Problem Determination Group, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610

"David Michonneau" <dmichonneau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-charting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/24/2005 11:58 AM

Please respond to
For developers on the BIRT Charting project

"For developers on the BIRT Charting project" <birt-charting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[birt-charting-dev] Chart Interactivity Spec update

Hi All,

Here is an updated draft of the chart interactivity specifications. It includes new additions based on the latest feedback received on this list and by email, here is a short summary of the modifications:

Added:
- Use Cases
- Drilldown
- Filtering
- Interactivity Configuration

Removed:
- 3D rotation
- Subtype/Dimension change

Improved:
- Zoom usability
- Toolbar

Changes with the previous version are highlighted in red in the document. This document is also available on the wiki site at http://www.eclipse.org/birt/wiki/index.php?n=BPS.BPS37

Please let me know your comments and feedback.

Thanks,

birt-charting-dev mailing list
birt-charting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx