From: birt-charting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:birt-charting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Sheldon Lee-Loy
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2005 6:28 PM
To: For developers on the BIRT Charting project
Subject: Re: [birt-charting-dev] Chart functional specifications update

We should consider the scenario where the generated report is not hosted on a web server.  In this case some of the menu bar actions would not work.  Particularly the actions that require a server request.   Actions such as changing the chart type.    There should be an option to disable these actions in the report designer.  If a users uses the chart engine in standalone mode (ie. not embeded in a report) could they make use of the menu bar?

There is also a growing number of interested groups in IBM that want to use the BIRT chart engine in standalone mode to render SWT charts.  One of main features that is required is adding event handlers on hotspots on the charts (such as lables and datapoints).  There should be the ability to create these event handlers on SWT charts.

Thanks,

Sheldon
______________________________________
Sheldon Lee-Loy
Problem Deterministic Group, IBM Toronto Lab
email: sleeloy@xxxxxxxxxx
phone: 905.413.2610

"David Michonneau" <dmichonneau@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: birt-charting-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2005 11:55 AM

Please respond to
For developers on the BIRT Charting project

"For developers on the BIRT Charting project" <birt-charting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

cc

Subject

[birt-charting-dev] Chart functional specifications update

Hi All,

Here are updated drafts of the Chart Types and Chart Interactivity functional specifications. Here are the changes:

Chart Types: Extended 3D rotation to three axes. Changed anchor to position for fitting curve label. FittingCurve now applies to Series classes. Added Line Chart coloring from Palette. Added Mockups

Chart Interactivity: Marked Rotation as POST 2.0 feature. Added chart dimension in menu. More details on _javascript_ API. Removed Builder section

Please send me your comments if any.

Thanks,

David[attachment "BPS38 - Chart Types SPEC.pdf" deleted by Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM] [attachment "BPS37 - Chart Interactivity SPEC.pdf" deleted by Sheldon Lee-Loy/Toronto/IBM] _______________________________________________
birt-charting-dev mailing list
birt-charting-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx