Re: [babel-dev] Contribute to Babel Plugins

Hi Claes,

I remember you well from many years ago - 2018 if I'm not mistaken. You had submitted changes to the Babel Messages editor.

Gerald is a new committer, and he's been working on the server-side, and producing the builds. I have no issues nominating you as a committer if he agrees.

@Gerald, would you like for me to kick-off the process?

Denis

On 2023-06-22 08:18, Claes Rosell wrote:
Hi.

I would like to contribute to the Babel Plugin project. However, since there are no active committers to the project it is hard. I made a similar attempt 2017 but lost interest for the same reason. -There simply is not anyone that has time to do code review. Beyond that, the project is in really bad shape. I have it building on my computer but there are a lot of runtime issues.

We have used an internal version of the Message Editor at our company but we will need to enhance our NLS tooling soon and I plan to improve the Tapiji bundles to achieve that. I could continue to work on our internal version but I rather do it on the Babel Plugins repository. Currently, I see no real way to do that though.

If possible, I would like to become a committer to the Babel Plugins project. I have been an Eclipse RCP developer since 2005 and I am also a committer to the Eclipse BIRT project. I do not have much time to spare, but I should be able to get the project in a usable state at least.

Best regards
Claes Rosell