[babel-dev] Update about Babel Language Packs R0.15.1

Eclipse Babel project usually prepares the update (R0.x.1) release around end of November. However, we ran into a blocking GIT repo access problem recently (see Bug 522144 for details). Downloading of Eclipse project source snapshots from the Eclipse GIT repo failed randomly resulting in invalid zip files. We were not able to get complete Eclipse project source files for building the Babel Language Packs. In fact, the problem probably started in the summer, which was the root cause of a few "missing translations" bug reports against Babel Language Packs R0.15.0 recently.

We have been waiting for a fix for the GIT repo access problem (Bug 522144) for a few weeks. Unfortunately, there was not much progress. While waiting, I implemented a workaround that seemed to work. I prepared an RC1 build, inspected and tested the contents. Of course, translations for each language and each project may vary. All the recent "missing translations" bug reports were fixed.

I'm currently running the Babel "Sync-Up" scripts to make sure all the existing translations are populated to the "new founded" strings. I will prepare a few more RC builds and test more. Babel Language Packs R0.15.1 will be ready shortly!

Please try out the RC1 build and report any problems:
http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/babel_language_packs/RC1/

Happy Holidays!

Regards,
Kit Lo