[babel-dev] Multiple changes to review

We must be careful with Gerrit when we submit multiple changes for review.

The typical "safe" workflow is:

Code locally -> submit change -> Merge in Gerrit -> Pull change locally

When two or more changes are submitted, the first merge that occurs in
Gerrit changes the HEAD (master) branch, so the second change must be
rebased (the Gerrit UI has a rebase button for this), as it is no longer
current. In that case:

Code locally -> submit change A
Code locally -> submit change B
Merge change A -> change B is no longer current
On change B -> Rebase (in Gerrit) -> Merge
Locally <- Pull before submitting more changes

Our repo was a bit out of sync, since some changes were also Abandoned.
 For simplicity, I recommend not using Abandon.

Please let me know if this does not make sense.

Denis

Back to the top