[babel-dev] Gerrit code review - part 1

As previously discussed, I've enabled Gerrit code review for the Babel
Server component.

In pure Git, we typically commit to our local 'master' branch, then we
push to the server's refs/heads/master branch. With Gerrit, we can no
longer push to refs/heads/master, as all incoming code must go through
code review.

To trigger code review, you must push your local commits to
refs/for/master (not refs/heads/master as the default). This special ref
tells Gerrit to intercept the push and create a code review "change".

But first, committers please log into Gerrit (using your Eclipse email
address and password) then upload your SSH public key:
https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/settings/ssh-keys

You can also use https for pushing, but it is more complicated. You can
create a public/private key pair from Eclipse:

Window > Preferences > General > Network Connections > SSH2 > Key Management

I'll send a follow-up email with cloning and push instructions.

Denis

Back to the top