[babel-dev] Plugin Versioning, Releasing, ...

Hi

while going through the Maven pom files that Martin has created, I noticed that we have inconsistent versioning between the "old" Babel plugings and the TapiJI plugins. The former are currently on 0.8.0.SNAPSHOT while the latter are on 0.0.2.SNAPSHOT. I think this is unnecessary and will just confuse potential users and developers/contributors.

My question therefore:
* Is there any reason not to bump all plugins to a common version?
* What should we use as a version?
** a) just bump TapiJI to "0.8.0"
** b) bump all plugins to "0.9.0" - I prefer this ;)
** c) bump all plugins to "1.0.0"

Furthermore, can we talk about a roadmap to releasing the babel plugins? I think we should be at a stage where we should be able to at least release a "beta" version. Any thoughts?

On a side note: I would like to change the artifact-id of the parent pom from "org.eclipse.babel.tapiji.tools.parent" to either "babel.parent" or just "parent" as it is used both for tapiji and non-tapiji modules.

cheers
Stefan

Back to the top