[babel-dev] Build configuration for babel plugins

Hi,

I'm currently working on creating build scripts for the babel messages editor and the I18N tool suite. Therefore, I defined a headless build by making use of PDE Build [0]. For fetching the build sources from GIT, I installed the EGIT pde extension [1] into my target platform.

This way seems to me a little bit complex and assumes that we have installed the EGIT pde fetchfactory and an appropriate target platform. Moreover, I explored the Eclipse Buckminster [2] and Tycho project [3]. Both provide an alternative approach for building Eclipse features. Tycho also provides integration with maven. Is there a recommended way for eclipse (especially for babel) projects, how to setup a headless build?

[0] http://www.eclipse.org/pde/pde-build
[1] https://github.com/eclipse/egit-pde
[2] http://www.eclipse.org/buckminster
[3] http://eclipse.org/tycho