Re: [babel-dev] getting started

Hi Kit Lo,

thank you for your helpful response. More and more I understand the
concepts of babel. However, I'm still struggling with the
documentation so please see this reply as a try to improve the quality
of the given documents by providing a feedback.

On http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Server_Tool_Development_Process
section "Setting up a Development Environment" you'll find the
sentence: "Steps to setting up a Babel Development Environment on
Linux." So what's the confusing thing here? Well, are we talking about
a dev environment to contribute to the babel project itself (java
code) OR is it about contributing translations into a database without
modifying the underlying system.

The terms "code" and "development" are used in a manner that makes it
hard for me to distinguish whether we're talking about actual java
development or translation contributions. While reading the border
between the USAGE of the "product" babel (install, contributions,
integration) and it's own development seems blurred to me. What I
expected was something like a "product" to be installed in a certain
way to be used as translation host, accessible via web interface etc.
and another product/mechanism to activate a certain rcp application to
take advantage of this host and ANOTHER document explaining the
babel-development-process itself.

What I'll do now is to start experimenting to see which of my beliefs
is true or if I have to learn a third way :-)

Thank you and all others for your efforts.
Matthias