[babel-dev] Nighly Build infra is complete

Team,

As part of Bu
g 272598 I've completed the redesign of the nightly and weekly builds.  Just as a reminder:

- Nightly builds now only build the most current train, galileo in this case.
- A Weekly build will occur during the weekend.  This will rebuild all the trains.
- A Weekly build will be the only candidate to become a 'Release' by promoting it
- All the Nightly and Weekly builds are 'developer' builds, not intended for general consumption, and thus they remain on build.eclipse.org

Have a look at N20090514-0900.
http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/babel_language_packs/

I have incorporated a very rudimentary test system.  Although there are only two tests, these basic tests would have allowed us catch the p2 bug before wiping out our downloads area last month.  The two tests are:
- train has >2 JAR plugins
- JAR files > 0 bytes

(I have fixed the issue with the large font).   A Weekly build will look similar to a Nightly build, except all the trains will be listed.  Please note that no tests are done against the update sites (http://build.eclipse.org/technology/babel/test-updates/).

All that's left to do is a 'promote' script, which will essentially take a Weekly build and copy the files to our official downloads area, on download.eclipse.org.  That work is forthcoming.

If you have any questions, please let me know.  I will be on holidays next week, so I will miss the call on Monday.

Denis

--
Denis Roy

Back to the top