Re: [babel-dev] Help on PHP to load a plugin system

+1

The plugin mechanism is usually how it's done.  Now is likely the best time to do it while the codebase is still small.

Denis

Antoine Toulme wrote:
So, as discussed on last week call, I have a vested interest on making Babel consumable by other organizations than Eclipse.

Ideally, I'd like to be able to check out the Babel code and complement it with more files that would be placed in a specific folder.
Those files would contain function definitions that would override some specific function definitions in the Babel code.

Is this a realistic use case ? Denis, Gabe, did you have to face before a situation where you had to plug code like this ?

What would you think of such an architecture ?