Re: [babel-dev] Setting up development environment in windows

John,

I'm glad to hear that.  The login issue may be related to your PHP session management.  On Linux, you'd normally look at /etc/php.ini.  I'm not sure where this would be on Windows.

Best of luck,

Denis

John Ryding wrote:
That worked! The instructions offered on the setup page worked as expected,
with a few minor changes to accommodate windows and installing apache,
mysql, php, etc.

However, I am running into a new problem of not being able to login to the
local pages on my machine with the default given username and password
generated in my database. I am able to access all the other pages fine that
do not require a user to login though.  Any idea on why this is happening?
Thanks!

-John Ryding

 (Emb
 edde
 d     Re: [babel-dev] Setting up development environment in windows
 imag
 move  Denis Roy
 d to             to:
 file               Babel committers mailing list
 :                                                                   07/11/2008
 pic1                                                                  08:40 AM
 8993
 .gif
 )

       Sent by:
             babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi John,

I haven't tried to set up a Babel server on Windows.  I'm personally a
Linux guy with little to no knowledge of PHP on Windows.

However, I'll help as best I can.  If you/we do get a Windows server set
up, the entire community would certainly appreciate you documenting any
steps/instructions on our Wiki:

    http://wiki.eclipse.org/Babel_/_Server_Tool_Development_Process

The error you describe is related to your MySQL connection (or the
inability to connect).  Make sure base.conf is configured with the right
database connection info, and make sure your PHP can connect to your
database.

Denis

John Ryding wrote:

Hi,

I am currently trying to set up a babel development environment in

Windows

XP.  I have gone through the steps laid out in the Babel / Server Tool
Development Process tutorial, but when I include the org.eclipse-common
folder and access the index.php page, or any page for that matter, I get
the following in my browser window and my url is redirected to
http://localhost/error.php?errNo=101301:

Not Found

The requested URL /error.php was not found on this server.

When I remove the org.eclipse-common folder I am able to access the page
but I then get errors about the page not being able to access
org.eclipse-common's php files, which is expected.  Is there a way to get

development environment set up on Windows?  Thanks.

-John Ryding

Denis Roy
Manager, IT Infrastructure
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.  --  http://www.eclipse.org/
Office: 613.224.9461 x224 (Eastern time)
Cell: 819.210.6481
denis.roy@xxxxxxxxxxx