RE: [babel-dev] Workflow diagram for the Babel system

Thanks Denis, yes this helps, I’ll put something together then you can review its accuracy

Morten

From: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Denis Roy
Sent: Friday, April 04, 2008 10:32 AM
To: Babel committers mailing list
Subject: Re: [babel-dev] Workflow diagram for the Babel system

Hi Morten,

We don't have such a diagram, but what you have outlined pretty much sums it up.

1. Eclipse committers define .map files used to build their plugins
2. Nightly scan job: Babel server scans the .map files, scans CVS for english .properties files, harvests English strings that need translation
2.5 New English strings may be available for translation at this time in the Web UI
3. Nightly build job: Babel server builds the Update Site language packs based on the harvested .properties files and various translations that are in the DB, builds 3.4 English .properties ZIP

Does this help?

Denis

Morten Nilsen wrote:

Hi All,

Is there an overview workflow diagram for the babel system showing all parts of if including the backend tasks like harvesting .properties files, import into the sql db, how its published through the web ui, nightly builds, return of translation back to the .properties files?

I know you have some docs from both the wiki site and the EclipseCon, but I am looking for a complete picture/diagram of the whole system.

Thanks,

Morten Nilsen