Re: [babel-dev] January 14th Meeting

I just had a meeting with Mori-san of NEC Soft today talking about their Japanese translation contribution to the Babel project when the translation server is ready.

The topic of copyright was brought up. According to "A Guide to the Legal Documentation for Eclipse-Based Content" at http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc.php: "all source code (which includes Java source as well other types of files such as XML, HTML, etc.) should contain appropriate copyright and license notices as well information on each contribution."

I'm not a lawyer. We probably need some guidance from the Eclipse Foundation Councils on how to copyright the translations. Do we have to copyright each individual string? Or on a properties file basis?

We have to discuss this ASAP, as this may have to an impact to the translation server. (We may have to add a field for copyright or something.)

Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

"Chris Nguyen" <cnguyen@xxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

01/11/2008 01:27 PM

Please respond to
Babel committers mailing list <babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

<babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[babel-dev] January 14th Meeting

Babel Team:

Please send me any topics you would like to discuss for Monday’s meeting.

Thanks,

Chris

  Chris Nguyen
Product Manager
Phone: 408.570.8885
IM/Yahoo: ChrisVanNguyen

cnguyen@xxxxxxx
BEA Systems, Inc.
Corporate Office, USA
2315 North First Street
San Jose, CA 95131
Fax: 408.570.8995

www.bea.com

Notice: This email message, together with any attachments, may contain information of BEA Systems, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, that may be confidential, proprietary, copyrighted and/or legally privileged, and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity named in this message. If you are not the intended recipient, and have received this message in error, please immediately return this by email and then delete it.