Re: [babel-dev] Downloads by Country

I'll answer this on behalf of Mike.  Our GeoIP lookups list China and Taiwan separately.

Denis

Kit Lo wrote:

Thanks Mike for the info. Do you happen to know if China (which uses Simplified Chinese) includes Taiwan (which uses Traditional Chinese)?

Thanks,
Kit Lo
IBM Eclipse SDK Globalization Technical Lead

"Mike Milinkovich" <mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: babel-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/12/2007 04:22 PM

Please respond to
mike.milinkovich@xxxxxxxxxxx; Please respond to

<babel-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
[babel-dev] Downloads by Country

As requested on the call earlier today, below are the current numbers for our download requests. What these numbers say to me is that a prioritization for languages would be:

1.       Chinese
2.       Japanese
3.       French
4.       Brazilian Portuguese
5.       Korean
6.       German (ranked lower because in my personal experience Germans seem to tolerate English more easily than some other countries. I could very well be wrong on that.)

Mike Milinkovich
Executive Director
Eclipse Foundation, Inc.
Office: +1.613.224.9461 x228