[auto-iwg] EclipseCon France - Call for Sponsoring

EclipseCon France (ECF – http://eclipsecon-france.org) builds on the success of Eclipse Days held in Toulouse and earlier gatherings of the Eclipse community in the Toulouse area.

With all these activities, Toulouse has become a stronghold for Eclipse in the areas of modeling, systems engineering, and technologies related to the Internet of Things (IoT). The beautiful Midi-Pyrénées region is the ideal place for ECF to bring these communities together.

While EclipseCon France is tailored to these particular technical areas, it will also serve the general Eclipse ecosystem by including content about current Eclipse technology.

Based on the success of EclipseCon Europe, we expect to establish a sustainable conference that will become an important event in the region as well as in the Eclipse universe.

  • Wednesday, 5 June through Thursday, 6 June

  • Centre de Congrès Pierre Baudis, Toulouse

  • Expected attendance 250 – 300; half from the local area, half from other European countries

  • Two full days of content organized into three tracks

  • Tutorials, talks, and panel discussions

  • Focus on systems engineering - including aerospace, automotive, the Internet of Things (M2M), and more

Currently, we expect the budget for the conference to be just below € 60’000. About 2/3 of this amount needs to be funded by grants and sponsor income, as we want to keep the conference affordable to the public.

We expect about 300 attendees, where about 60%-70% of them will come from the Toulouse region and from France, and most of the other attendees from other regions in Europe.

The program committee, lead by Benjamin Cábe from Sierra Wireless and staffed with other well-known senior technical people from the area as well as from the different technical domains is very committed to delivering a great technical program.

While we expect some larger corporations to support the event as sponsors (e.g., Airbus, Robert Bosch GmbH and others), we also want to provide regional firms and small firms the opportunity to present themselves to the public. For that reason, we are providing sponsor packages ranging from € 5’000 (Gold) to a very affordable € 1’500 (Bronze). At the time of writing , we were able to sign up companies such as Sierra Wireless, Obeo and ZeroTurnaround as Gold Sponsors. We hope that other companies will follow suit!

Please contact us at sponsorECF13@xxxxxxxxxxx for more information!

We look forward to seeing you participate at ECF 2013!

Regards / Liebe Grüße,

Ralph Mueller

Director, Eclipse Foundation
Mobile: +49 177 449 0460