[auto-iwg] Proposal for IWG officially published

Dear all,

the Eclipse Foundation has officially published the proposal for the IWG:
<<<
A proposal has been made to establish an Eclipse Automotive Industry Working Group [1].  The goal of the Eclipse Automotive Industry Working Group will be to define, implement and promote a common Equinox-based SOA platform including both design time and runtime components.    BMW, Bosch, Continental, Obeo, and Itemis have all expressed interest in participating this industry working group.

The proposed charter [1]  for this working group is available for review.   If you have any comments or feedback on the proposed charter, please send to auto-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx.  All Members of the Eclipse Foundation are invited to join and participate in this working group.  If you are interested, please send an e-mail to the mailing list auto-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx.    Based on the feedback and level of interest, the working group will be officially created sometime in early March 2011.

[1] - http://www.eclipse.org/org/industry-workgroups/autowg.php

During the last meetings, we have identified three major topics that we are going to investigate first:

o Handling of large models
o CDT extensions
o Safety-related issues (ISO 26262)

We are going to detail the technical issues in Q1. The topics have beend identified by the participating OEMs and 1-tiers. If you are interested in these issues, please let me know. In addition, if you are an OEM or 1-tier and have not yet participated, but would like to comment on your issues, please contact me.

Best Regards,

Andreas Graf

--
Andreas Graf