[auto-iwg] Traceability

Dear all,

as an action from our meeting, here is the description of "traceability" as addressed by the Eclipse Modeling Platform Working Group. Note that this basically fits
to a solution that we are currently developing as part of a research project and will be releasing as open source:

5. Traceability to identify connection between model elements.
5.1 The MP must support the ability to create relationships between models and model
artifacts that are independent of the meta-model. Tools must be able to show these
relationships and provide a level a traceability between the model elements.
5.2 Artifact authors should be able to specify the relationships a high level and then elaborate
in more detail and provide traceability a different levels of the model hierarchy.
5.3 The MP must support the traceability between non-modelled artifacts and various types of
models and elements/parts of models.
Use Case
Ericsson
For example, requirements might not be modelled but we still need to be able to trace from
them to various types of models and elements/parts of models.
An example can be to trace from a requirement to models/model elements where the
requirement is designed and implemented and to models where it is verified.
And vice versa from design,

--
Andreas Graf
BDM Automotive