Re: FW: [Fwd: Re: [atf-dev] JavaXPCOM ownership]

Benjamin Smedberg wrote:
What exactly maintenace effort is required in JavaXPCOM release
engineering? Maybe I could help there even if the JavaXPCOM finally
finds it's home in the extensions..
I'll also try to keep eye on JavaXPCOM bugzilla to help in cases where I
can...

Well, as we remove JavaXPCOM from the XULRunner core, somebody will need to
build the separate JavaXPCOM binary and then presumably make Eclipse update
site packages out of it. I think that we could probably find a way to give
the maintainer stage access to ftp.mozilla.org so that they could stage
these releases without having to go through a painful process We'll need to
move the site out of the xulrunner/contrib directory.

Sounds nice,
Eclipse needs both JavaXPCOM and matching XULRunner version. Eventual update site would have to include both of them and during installation process
JavaXPCOM extension would have to be installed into XULRunner. Sounds like a good test for Eclipse provisioning extensibility :-)

How does installing an extension look in XULRunner? I'm looking at https://developer.mozilla.org/en/XULRunner_tips and for example DOM Inspector
requires such actions as unzip, copy files and add a few lines to a file. IsĀ  this a typical scenario, or any other steps may be required?

Jacek

Back to the top