Re: [atf-dev] Laying hands on JSDT code

We will check in the missing schemas.
I think you are referring to the org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.debug plugin (not the org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core) when you mention the com.sun exports.  We have removed these, but in any case the debug plugin is not used, it is just a place holder for possible future work.  The ATF project provides the working _javascript_ debugging plugins.

The minimal set of plugins required for JSDT are the eclipse platform and:
   org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core
   org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.ui
   org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.manipulation

We are working on extension points to provide for pluggable type support for different ajax libraries.  The basic extension point is there ("inferenceSupport")
but it is not fully baked yet, and there is not yet any documentation or examples.  The idea would be that your extension recognizes your special qooxdoo calls which define classes and generated the appropriate inferred types.  We would welcome any comment/suggestions/contributions on this.

Phil Berkland
IBM Software Group Emerging Technologies

Matthias Kempka <mkempka@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

10/26/2007 07:49 AM

Please respond to
AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion <atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

atf-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[atf-dev] Laying hands on JSDT code

Hi all,

I'm evaluating how to bring type support for classes defined in
frameworks like qooxdoo to JSDT.

For that, I checked out the JSDT projects from the CVS on Tuesday,
compiled and ran it to see what works and what not. Now I'm back and
noticed about 3000 changes in the CVS. I got those and now many of my
projects are red.
Most of it seems to be missing resources, so here is a list of my
problems:

Where do I get the schema definitions for extension points in
  org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.core:
     classpathVariableInitializer
     classpathContainerInitializer
     codeFormatter
     compilationParticipant

  org.eclipse.wst.jsd.ui:
    all defined extension points
?

The plug-in org.eclipse.wst.jsdt says it would export packages
com.sun.jdi and some more child packages. Many classes in that plug-
in depend on classes in those packages, too, but I don't find
com.sun.jdi.* anywhere. It seems I am missing a source folder named
"src-jdi". The build.properties talk about a source folder src-jdi
which can not be found.

The plug-in org.eclipse.wst.jsdt.support.firefox has it's compilation
settings set to error for unused imports and variables. This results
in a lot of compilation errors, which is odd, since it is in the CVS
exactly like this. Once I reduce the compiler settings, everything's
back to normal.

Best regards,
Matthias Kempka

--