[atf-dev] Installing ATF 0.2.3M3 with Linux 64bit JDK

So I'm trying to install ATF 0.2.3M3 with a 64bit JDK.

I downloaded eclipse-SDK-3.3-linux-gtk-x86_64.tar.gz from:
http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/downloads/drops/R-3.3-200706251500/

I started from this page:
http://www.eclipse.org/atf/downloads/index_build.php?plat=all&buildID=0.2.3M3-v200708101615&XULPlugin=true&eclipse=eclipse3.3&wtp=WTP2.0&nChanges=yes

That says a pre-req is WTP 2.0 and links me to:
http://download.eclipse.org/webtools/downloads/drops/R2.0/R-2.0-200706260303/

That page has various things including it's own pre-reqs.
So I downloaded the following zips:
emf-sdo-xsd-SDK-2.3.0.zip
GEF-SDK-3.3.zip
dtp-sdk_1.5.zip
wtp-R-2.0-200706260303.zip

I noticed that these are just zips of eclipse/plugins and not actual
'update archives'.

So I unzip each in order so they extract into eclipse/*
Each one gave me warnings that existing files were there and I chose
to over-write them.

I launched eclipse and it launched okay. I even had a 'Web and XML'
preferences node so it looked like it worked.

However when I point to the ATF archive
atf-incubation-SiteArchive-0.2.3M3-v200708101615.zip and choose ATF,
it says that WST.common.ui 2.0 is not found!

It's as if the plugins I unzipped are not registered correctly.

So then I took a different path.  Fresh eclipse again, this time I
selected the preinstalled 'Europa Update Site' AND the ATF archive at
the same time. I selected ATF feature and I went through the Europa
section and selected all the other prereqs I could find (DTP, WST,
JST, etc)

When I restarted everything seems to have worked. I looked at the
build dates and what I installed is older than what the WTP page has
listed (the one linked to from the ATF 2.3.0M3 page) however things
appear to be okay.

Did I follow the right steps?
Am I going to run into trouble since I'm not running the latest zips
from that website?
What is the correct way to install this?

Back to the top