[atf-dev] making a Mac build?

I'm interested in using ATF under Mac OS X. I set out to try it, but found that ATF itself is only available as Linux or Windows packages. I downloaded the Linux one and installed all of its prerequisites. I followed a tutorial from IBM developerWorks about using ATF and found that all of it works, except the embedded Mozilla browser.

I had installed the Mac OS X version of XULrunner, but ATF wasn't happy. I believe it just couldn't find XULrunner, but I'm not sure. The first time I would try to run my project in Mozilla, ATF would give an error. The second time I would try, Eclipse would die. I tried various version of XULrunner: 1.8.0.1, 1.8.0.4, 1.9a*. None of them helped. I see now that I probably need XULrunner 1.8.1. I think I've found a Mac OS X build of that, but I don't hold much hope that it will help ATF.

I think I need to build ATF from source under Mac OS X. Before I get too far with this, I would be very happy if somebody pointed out that there's a recent (even weekly/daily?) build of ATF for Mac OS X already that I can download. If there's no such thing, I would be happy to make one.

I've checked out the latest version of ATF source from the CVS repository, but I don't know where to go from there. How do I build ATF from source? I'm sorry that this sounds like such a silly question, I really did look around for build instructions before asking here, so I hope you will forgive me.

--
Lance E Sloan, Application Developer
Evil is my middle name.  Some people think it's Eugene, though.

Back to the top