--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design (tm) - http://www.nexb.com
http://easyeclipse.org  -  irc://irc.freenode.net/easyeclipse

-----Original Message-----
From: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jesse Kuhnert
Sent: Wednesday, November 08, 2006 10:47 PM
To: AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion
Subject: Re: [atf-dev] _javascript_ Editor/Development Tool Proposal

Hmm well....Don't look ~too~ closely at it. I found that having to manually maintain these _javascript_ "profiles" rather tedious after using JSEclipse for so long. It doesn't have as many of the snazzy html / etc integration features but it does what it's supposed to do very well. (edit _javascript_)

On 11/9/06, Nickolay Ponomarev <asqueella@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/9/06, Robert Goodman <goodmanr@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In our next milestone of ATF we are planning to write a new _javascript_
> Editor/Development Tool. The ATF team feels that a good _javascript_ editor
> with a real _javascript_ model is needed to provide our next set of tooling.

Have you seen aptana? (aptana.com)

They're working on what seems to be a pretty good eclipse-based web
IDE. It includes a nice JS editor and is licensed under EPL.

I haven't looked at their code yet, but perhaps it makes sense to
investigate if it's possible to reuse some of their code instead of
starting from scratch. If not, you can at least look at what they
already do for inspiration :)

Nickolay