Re: [atf-dev] javascript validator slowness

Thanks, that's a bit clearer.

I guess that the syntax coloring is not part of validation then.  This feature gives good value when it works.

Responsiveness of the editor is an increasing challenge for Eclipse.  Can the "As You Type" validation time-constant be controlled by users?  It's pointless to check after every key stroke.  I guess a longish delay (1000ms) would make an improvement.  Or force the "As You Type" to yield after 200ms. I've not yet had to give up on the _javascript_ editor, but I had to revert to emacs to edit my JSP files since eclipse simply ground to a halt on one large file.

(Since jslint has a non-open license I've not used it so that it not the issue in my case.)

A smaller fix would make the preference page more accurate so that I know it only controls the unimportant bit, but I guess that is a WebTools problem.

John.