--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com
nexB - Open by Design (tm) - http://www.nexb.com
http://easyeclipse.org  -  irc://irc.freenode.net/easyeclipse

-----Original Message-----
From: atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:atf-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Gino Bustelo
Sent: Monday, October 23, 2006 9:38 AM
To: AJAX Toolkit Framework discussion
Subject: Re: [atf-dev] javascript validator slowness

I see your point David but the fact is that there is no current solution
(that I know of) in Eclipse where you can control Validation at the
granularity of the File/Folder. The Build in Java seems to have a nice
solution around Inclusion/Exclusion for source directories and I think
that we should have the same capabilities for Validation made part of
Eclipse. The reason that I suggest the .cvsignore solution is because it
already has a UI that we can adopt plus I'm sure there is Eclipse code
that consumes the content of the file. Best of all, it is a file that I
can easily open/create/change if I want to.

An incremental approach to validation is nice but there needs to be a
way to exclude resources from validation too.

Thanks,
Gino Bustelo
ATF Developer