[atf-dev] Re: Javascript syntax highlights, HTML editor etc: how to get them back?

At 07:26 PM 8/5/2006, Adam L. Peller wrote:
Uh oh. This shouldn't happen, but there's still a lot about the editors and the validation framework I don't understand. I switch back and forth between Java and ATF all the time. Did you do any installs or anything unusual?

well yes of course ;-).  Maybe plugin development?

Are you sure you still have the WTP JavaScript and HTML editors?

I "rebooted" eclipse (exit and restarted).  Presto fixed!  (Seems to be
the way for all complex systems: roll down the windows, turn off the car,
turn on the car, roll up the windows.)

I guess I should have tried that first, but I hate restarting every time something
odd happens.

Are you not getting the squigglies (under the text), or the markers (left margin, problem view) or both? Is there anything going on in the logs or Error Log view that might indicate a problem?

What "logs"? The Error Log has 2 errors: about 40 from subclipse and one from jdi:

Duplicate feature found on site file:/C:/atf/eclipse/ : org.tigris.subversion.subclipse

org.eclipse.jdi.TimeoutException: Timeout occurred while waiting for packet 78.
at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.PacketReceiveManager.getReply(PacketReceiveManager.java:168) at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.connect.PacketReceiveManager.getReply(PacketReceiveManager.java:177)
at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.MirrorImpl.requestVM(MirrorImpl.java:174)
at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.MirrorImpl.requestVM(MirrorImpl.java:192)
at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.MirrorImpl.requestVM(MirrorImpl.java:207)
at org.eclipse.jdi.internal.ThreadReferenceImpl.status(ThreadReferenceImpl.java:345) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIThread.initialize(JDIThread.java:259) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIThread.<init>(JDIThread.java:212) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIDebugTarget.createThread(JDIDebugTarget.java:456) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.model.JDIDebugTarget$ThreadStartHandler.handleEvent(JDIDebugTarget.java:1765) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.EventDispatcher.dispatch(EventDispatcher.java:140) at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.debug.core.EventDispatcher.run(EventDispatcher.java:232)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:568)

-Adam

>I have ATF loaded but I worked on some java code for a bit, then started
>again with JavaScript.
>
>The binding of .js and .htm to syntax highlighting editors is gone now. Any
>ideas on how to
>get them back?

John J. Barton  email:  johnjbarton<at>johnjbarton.com
http://www.johnjbarton.com

Back to the top