[aspectj-users] AspectJ 1.9.7.M3 is available

Hello AspectJ users!

This time with the correct subject and correct quoted message, sorry
sending a wrong one before. We really do have two releases, one for
AspecT and one for the Maven plugin.

We are making progress, so I just published bugfix release 1.9.7.M3.

There are no new features compared to M2 (see below), but one AJ doc
(javadoc-like AspectJ API doc generation) glitch under JDK 8 was
identified and fixed. This actually came up while setting up integration
tests for AspectJ Maven plugin and is a positive side effect of
developing, testing and releasing them together.

Kind regards
--
Alexander Kriegisch
https://scrum-master.de

Alexander Kriegisch schrieb am 24.05.2021 11:38 (GMT +07:00):

> AspectJ 1.9.7.M2 is available on Maven Central.
>
> It supports Java 15 and 16 language features, e.g.
>   -- records,
>   -- text blocks,
>   -- pattern matching for instanceof,
>   -- hidden classes,
>   -- sealed classes (preview).
>
> The available artifacts are:
>
>   org.aspectj:aspectjtrt:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjweaver:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjtools:1.9.7.M2
>   org.aspectj:aspectjmatcher:1.9.7.M2
>
> You use them in Maven and Gradle as usual, e.g.
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.aspectj</groupId>
>     <artifactId>aspectjtrt</artifactId>
>     <version>1.9.7.M2</version>
>   </dependency>
>
> I deployed the installer in the aspectj.dev repository for now, because
> we do not publish it on Maven Central. You can download it from:
> https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/installer-1.9.7.M2.jar
>
> If you wish to verify checksums, you find them in the containing folder:
> https://aspectj.dev/maven/org/aspectj/installer/1.9.7.M2/
>
> Soon I am also going to publish an AspectJ Maven Plugin version based on
> this AspectJ milestone release and announce it here on the mailing list.
>
> We are not planning to add any major new features before the final
> release, so the current functionality is pretty much what will go into
> the release. But we still have time for fixing bugs, while Eclipse still
> performs some internal reviews, so your feedback is most welcome.

Back to the top