[aspectj-users] Formal support for Kotlin?

Hi all,

I’ve been doing some googling around to see what I can find with regard to using AspectJ with Kotlin.  Things don’t look particularly great at first glance:  https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44364633/aspectj-doesnt-work-with-kotlin

There are of course many more hits, but it appears the current state of the art is to compile with kotlin, then apply AspectJ to the kotlin .class files.

Problem is, we have some libraries that we can only compile via ajc due to their design, so I’m wondering what thought has been given to adding kotlin language support to ajc.  I didn’t see any issues requesting Kotlin language support in ajc so far.  Kotlin looks promising, and it appears that Spring also is liking Kotlin enough to add support for it.  I’d love to have my Kotlin & AspectJ, too.

Any comments, folks?

-matthew

Back to the top