[aspectj-users] AspectJ third-party class is not weaved in weblogic

I am trying to "Weave" a third-party jar with AspectJ using aspectj agent.

First test case:

MyAspectJImpl.jar - contains class with my aspect and aop.xml (with debug enabled)inside Meta-inf with correct mapping, and a test main class.

third-party.jar

aspectJ core jars.

I execute main class in commandline

java -javaagent:aspectjweaver.jar -cp ...

on console see that that third party class was weaved, and my implementation works.

Second test case:

I move to weblogic aspectj agent is set in script that starts weblogic. thirparty jar is added to classpath in that script.

in weblogic log I see that my aop was loaded

[ChangeAwareClassLoader@48537e4f] info AspectJ Weaver Version 1.7.1 built on Thursday Sep 6, 2012 at 16:39:22 GMT
[ChangeAwareClassLoader@48537e4f] info register classloader weblogic.utils.classloaders.ChangeAwareClassLoader@48537e4f
[DependencyClassLoader@4d5932c7] info using configuration <path_to_my_aop.xml>

But this time i don't see in the log:

 debug weaving '<third.party.class>'

I do see other weavings classes (from other aop.xml that are also deployed).
(i verified that other aop.xmls don't exclude the thirdparty )

for example:

[GenericClassLoader@62b46385]  debug weaving 'com.core.BasicSessionBean'

(this class is inside an ear which is deployed)

I also verified that third party class was loaded (verbose:class).

Any idea how to identify why that class was not weaved?

The only difference that I see, that weaved classes are inside deployed ear file.

Thirdparty classes are inside jar that added to classpath when starting weblogic.Server.

I can provide aop.xml but I don't think it's important because it worked in my first test case.

Back to the top