[aspectj-users] Can't compile in IntelliJ with OpenJDK 9

We are using AspectJ 1.9.1.

We compile our code in two ways - 1) using Apache Ant 1.10.2 and, 2)
using IntelliJ 2008.2 Pro.

In IntelliJ when our project is set to use OpenJDK 8 as the SDK, all
compiles just fine and we are happy. However, as soon as we change the
SDK to OpenJDK 9 (9.0.7.1) we get the following compile error:

Error: Module 'eXist-db' production:
org.aspectj.bridge.AbortException: can't determine superclass of
missing type java.lang.Object
[Xlint:cantFindType]

In IntelliJ we have the AspectJ plugin installed, and the Java
Compiler is set to AJC, the following checkboxes are all checked on:
1. Use '--release' option for cross-compilation (Java 9 and later)
2. Generate debug info
3. Delegate to javac

Our Module in IntelliJ has the AspectJ option set for "Post-compile weave mode".

Can someone help us to get this compiling in IntelliJ with OpenJDK 9 please?
For comparison - our Ant build works just fine with AspectJ on OpenJDK 9.

--
Adam Retter

skype: adam.retter
tweet: adamretter