Re: [aspectj-users] weave all methods in rt.jar

I think you have to take a little care when weaving rt.jar - for example if your advice uses types you will be weaving then you will end up in a loop (the advice gets called, calls back into the type you advised, which in turns calls back into the advice, etc, etc). It might be the java/lang/Object issue you are seeing is a manifestation of this problem. I would target a specific simple type that you know your advice won't be touching and verify your weave/run_with_woven is basically working before broadly applying it across the JDK, and even then you'll probably want to exclude some types (String, Object, etc).

Andy