Re: [aspectj-users] ajc 1.8.10 fails with JDK9

Btw, can I use AspectJ 1.9 with JDK 8?

Thanks.

On Fri, Dec 15, 2017 at 7:11 PM, Bogus Abuser <bogusabuser@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I see, thank you!

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 9:22 PM, Andy Clement <andrew.clement@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
For compilation/weaving of stuff on JDK9 you should use the 1.9.0 RC2 that is out. This is what Spring Framework is using to compile its aspects code.

1.8 releases (1.8.13) can be used on JDK9 for simple situations like Spring AOP that is doing pointcut parsing/matching but isn't digging into type information like compilation does.

cheers,
Andy