Re: [aspectj-users] Missing stackmap generation for woven code

I do hope that someone can help you with that, Eric. But just in case nobody can, I think a software developer should always strive to improve the status quo and always have a plan B.

Having said that, I think that a JDO lib from 2004 sounds like a good reason to either upgrade it or get rid of it. The former is probably not an option because I assume you would have done so already if it was that simple. But maybe it is an option. I also think your odds would be much better if you named the library and its version here instead of keeping it secret. Maybe someone has migrated it before and can help you with a hint on how to do so with as little pain as possible.

Other ways to get rid of the library would be to patch it if you have access to the source code. Or maybe the lib itself uses something like asm or BCEL under the hood and you can upgrade the dependency, maybe getting more standardised class files as a result. Or - my favourite idea because it sounds fun to implement - you could consider to reimplement the JDO functionalities by yourself via **AspectJ**! You would have ITD and alll the other nice tools at your disposal. Hell, if I was not so busy, I would even like to give it a try myself. :-)

Good luck
--
Alexander Kriegisch