[aspectj-users] How to weave JDK classes with AspectJ

Hi community.

I have been asked so many times how to do this. Usually I just answer
that
  ** I have done it a few times in the past,
  ** it is an advanced topic and not suited for beginners,
  ** JDK weaving is rarely necessary (or makes any sense at all) and can
     usually be avoided by changing your application or aspect design,
  ** you should try to avoid it whenever possible.

On the other hand, it is a nifty little exercise if you just want to
know how far you can go and how powerful AspectJ really is. Under some
circumstances it might even be justified to actually do it.

So for what it is worth, instead of explaining myself over and over
again when being asked on StackOverflow or elsewhere, I have just
created a little demo Maven project on GitHub for you if you should
really decide to tread that troubled track (quoting Amy Winehouse, the
well-known software developer):

https://github.com/kriegaex/SO_AJ_MavenWeaveJDK

Use at your own risk! ;-)

Best regards