[aspectj-users] Question on unusual use of AOP

I have an application that needs to be deployed at several different sites, and most sites demand some slight customisation here and there.

Rather than have multiple versions of the same software, which would be a maintenance nightmare, I was wondering whether AspectJ can be used. My idea was, to define all the different places in which a customer might require a customisation (pointcuts?), and then implement each site's customisations as advice, with each site having a different set of advice - while the core application code would remain always the same for everyone.

Has anyone ever tried something like this? Is AspectJ a good way of doing this?

Ramon Casha

Back to the top